Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Seasonal Lead Cook. Our Lead Cooks supervise cooks and prep staff on a day-to-day basis. They are also responsible to cook and prepare food for the hotel outlets as well as assist with menu planning and ordering of food. Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Meet with Sous Chef/Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees. Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for Line Cooks/prep staff to complete; review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
- Ensure that opening shift completes startup of Kitchen line and designated prep work.
- Complete opening duties: Set up work station with required miss en place, tools, equipment and supplies. Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Check production schedule and pars. Establish priority items for the day. Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day. Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day and direct Line Cooks on same throughout the shift.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Assist Line Cooks wherever required to ensure optimum service to guests and communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties ensuring all Line Cooks' assignments are completed before they sign out. Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Sous Chef/Exec Chef before leaving.
- Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Must have 3 years of previous culinary experience with at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Culinary degree a plus.
- Ability to operate, clean, and maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 13 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.