Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
The Wyndham Orlando Resort, International Drive has a phenomenal Lead Cook opportunity. The Cook will work on a full-time status.
The Lead Cook is responsible for supervising and assisting in the preparation of all food items for all outlets, Banquets, Room Service and Employee Cafeteria, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen, and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Have thorough working knowledge of menus and preparation required to produce food according to hotel standards.
- Assist in controlling costs by maintaining food cost within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure the completion of necessary food and station preparations prior to opening the restaurant and Room Service in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during operating hours.
- Ensure the completion and display of buffet items according to hotel standards.
- Assist and supervise on kitchen line during restaurant operating hours to maintain the highest standards of efficiency, productivity, and quality. Be able to support any position in the kitchen that is in need of help.
- Supervise and assist in the food preparation for Banquets as required, following specifications of Banquet Event Orders. Ensure banquet items are completed on time and check with Banquet Manager or Supervisor for time, cover count or any other changes.
- Supervise the preparation of food for the Employee Cafeteria, as necessary.
- Ensure that food is prepared following hotel standard recipes.
- Be familiar with all kitchen tools and equipment to include: Electric slicer, buffalo chopper, commercial blender, ovens, broilers, range tops, steam kettles, grill, fryer, mixers, food processors, meat grinders, seam table, knives, etc.
- Maintain the “Clean As You Go” policy. Be responsible for maintaining the sanitation and cleaning schedules of the kitchen. Keep all storage areas neat, orderly, and clean.
- Supervise and assist with the break down of buffets and kitchen line, ensuring proper storage of food and equipment at the end of each meal period.
- Ensure that all employees practice safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self or other employees.
- Assist, as necessary, with the following: Scheduling, ordering, cost controls, training, production charts, daily inventory charts, overseeing daily prep list and ensure completion.
- Assist in maintaining a key control system within the kitchen.
- Be familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Aid in the security of food items; ensure the meat locker, storeroom and walk-ins are locked when not in use.
- Ensure that the Employee Breakroom is kept neat, orderly and clean
- Maintain high food quality standards in the kitchen and find ways to improve upon them.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas
- Assist in training staff in the operation and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Ability to stand during entire shift
Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.