The Hayes Mansion resort hotel is one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. The Dolce Hayes Mansion is an exquisite fusion of turn-of-the-century luxury and high-tech convenience. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the meticulously renovated Spanish Colonial Revival-style manor is as opulent as ever. This quiet haven, complete with sweeping mountain views, offers the perfect destination for business meetings, special events, weddings or relaxing vacation – just 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport and 45 minutes from San Francisco and Monterey. Nearby, wineries, nightlife and championship golf beckon. Stunning decor, and unparalleled guest service have made the Dolce Hayes Mansion an award-winning legend once again.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Lead Cook to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose, California. This position is responsible for supervising cooks and prep staff on a day-to-day basis. It is also responsible for cooking and preparing food for the hotel outlets as well as assisting with menu planning and ordering of food.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Meet with Sous Chef/Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Maintain and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
• Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees. Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
• Prepare and assign production and prep work for Line Cooks/prep staff to complete; review priorities.
• Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
• Ensure that opening shift completes startup of Kitchen line and designated prep work.
• Complete opening duties: Set up work station with required miss en place, tools, equipment and supplies. Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Check production schedule and pars. Establish priority items for the day. Inform the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day. Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day and direct Line Cooks on same throughout the shift.
• Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
• Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
• Assist Line Cooks wherever required to ensure optimum service to guests and communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
• Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
• Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
• Breakdown work station and complete closing duties ensuring all Line Cooks' assignments are completed before they sign out. Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Sous Chef/Exec Chef before leaving.
• Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
• Must have 3 years of previous culinary experience with at least one year of supervisory experience.
• Experience in a high volume production kitchen preferred.
• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Culinary degree a plus.
• Ability to operate, clean, and maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
• Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
• Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
• Frequently is required to talk or hear.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Sheila Cena at (408) 362-2327. A copy of the company’s affirmative action plan is available at the property in the Human Resource office during normal business hours.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.