The Lead Mechanic is responsible for performing skilled repairs to the building and equipment and to maintain the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to guests and employees.
· Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
· Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
· Take required readings on equipment.
· Test cooling tower and record readings.
· Replace and program televisions as needed.
· Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
· Perform furniture repair.
· Replace and repair pumps.
· Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
· Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
· Trace and repair all types of water lines.
· Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
· Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
· Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
· Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
· Paint designated areas.
· Repair and finish sheet rock.
· Repair all types of wall coverings.
· Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
· Assist in supervising other engineering staff members.
· Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance tasks.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· At least three years progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
· Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred. Certifications preferred.
· Must be able to troubleshoot and repair equipment. Strong skill level required.
Experience preferred in: HVAC, Pumps/Motors, Kitchen/Laundry Equipment, Plumbing, and Electrical
Bilingual helpful. Local candidates preferred.
Applicants must possess authorization to work in the United States for consideration.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.