The Alexander offers its guests an exciting take on hospitality by transforming guest rooms, restaurants, and event spaces into enthralling havens for commissioned works of art. Undeniably contemporary, but always comfortable, The Alexander is destined to become a premier destination for business professionals, art lovers, gourmands, and other cultured clientele.
Each one of our 157 guest rooms and 52 extended stay units focus on creating a relaxed environment for work or rest while enlivening the senses with pops of color and eye-catching art. Guests will discover the same, infectious energy in The Alexander’s stylish and inviting restaurants, which serve culinary works of art for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perfect for unforgettable celebrations and exceptional meetings, every inch of the 16,500 square feet of event space exudes elegance and creativity.
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Lead Plat 99 Server/Supervisor to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for providing all guests seated in Plat 99 with an enjoyable experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner at all times.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Reviews the menu and becomes thoroughly familiar with food and beverage items and means of preparation being offered that day, including the ingredients, preparation, sauces, spirits and garnishes as well as the wine list, what cocktails compliment which food items, and why.
- Checks with manager for assigned station. Ensures station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or restaurant/lounge promotions for guest awareness.
- Takes guests’ cocktail and food orders, answering all menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
- Presents properly written food check to kitchen/bar, informing of particulars in the order being placed; when complete, retrieve order, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
- Anticipates guests’ needs.
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
- Closes all guest checks in a timely manner, ensuring all checks are properly signed and printed.
- Completes assigned side work and resets tables for the next meal function.
- Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities and services, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.
- To provide all Plat 99 guests with an entertaining and enjoyable experience, through quality service, in the most efficient manner at all times. To ensure the quality of service provided to the patrons.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Performs human resource functions for staff, including scheduling, training, and motivating.
- Includes supervisory responsibilities such as accountability of standards, opening and closing checklists and departmental communication.
- Recommends food and beverage policies, procedures, and standards. Ensures employees adhere to them.
- Communicates issues, resolves problems, and develops leadership direction.
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure maximum customer service, including directing Plat 99 staff on service quality, standards and training responsibilities.
- Provides Plat 99 Manager with feedback on performance and employee relations issues.
- Liaises with the Plat 99 Manager and Plat 99 Sous Chef on a variety of issues related to food presentation, menus, and schedules.
- Liaises with Accounting staff to resolve payroll, billing, payable, and point of sale issues.
- Liaises with the Purchasing department to purchase equipment and some food and beverage items.
- Performs complete bar setup, including ice, garnish, glassware, etc.
- Welcomes and greets all customers in the bar in a courteous, helpful manner and by name.
- Ensures all customers have proper I.D. and are over 21 years of age. Ensures drinks are not served to intoxicated patrons.
- Knows all drink recipes, wines by the glass, and menu and prices to effectively promote to guests.
- Performs duties in accordance with established company policies for drink size, recipe, and proper glassware.
- Mixes all orders for alcoholic beverages, using appropriate glassware / stemware.
- Maintains an individually issued bank of a pre-determined amount. Is responsible for all overage or shortage of cash.
- Assumes responsibility for guest checks, cash register procedures, and completion of daily sales reconciliation report.
- Completes assigned sidework and performs other duties as instructed by the Manager.
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques of service for the bar area.
- Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities, art and design, CityWay community, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet.
· Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.