The Lifeguard Supervisor will oversee day to day operations for the site’s lifeguard function in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. The Lifeguard Supervisor will lead, plan, direct, hire, train, schedule and supervise lifeguards. The Lifeguard Supervisor will perform safety inspections; maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS) regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing the lifeguard function of the resort: Provide direction and supervision of Lifeguards ensuring that the lifeguards perform their job functions to the resorts expected level of service.. Enforce all safety rules. Performs all lifeguard responsibilities including monitoring pool activities, applying first aid, and performing water rescues as necessary. Fills in for lifeguards as necessary. Schedule lifeguards to ensure that adequate coverage of pool areas are maintained during operating hours. Inform management of pool maintenance needs including cleaning, chemical adjustments, and repairs. Inventory supplies or equipment and maintain par levels. Ensure your area of responsibility meets all company and compliance standards. Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
(25 % time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern requiring additional monitoring or follow-up, to management. Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Orient new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities. Ensure that all lifeguards are current on their training and certifications and that lifeguards are fully competent in first aid, CPR, and all water rescue techniques. Partner with Human Resources and department leadership to minimize employee relations issues. ( 25 % time)
3. Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (25% time)
4. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Activities Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (15% time)
5. Manage and support all financial aspects of the activities department: Collaborate with Activities Manager on department financial. Identifying areas of cost reductions, operational improvements, explanation of variances and analysis of expense data. ( 5 % time)
6. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
b) Training requirements
- CPO (or willingness to obtain)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification
- American Red Cross Training certification in Community First Aid
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Water Safety Instructor Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state you are applying with a proven clean driving record
c) Knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of lifesaving techniques including backboard rescue
- Strong swimming abilities
- Ability to remain alert and attentive
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
- Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards
- Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
- Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
- Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
d) Technical Skills
- PC Skills
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
e) Job Experience
- Two (2) years lifeguard experience.
- One year of supervisory experience.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.