Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Line Cook to work at our beautiful Dolce Norwalk Conference Center property in Norwalk, CT. This position is responsible for planning, preparing, and cooking food for the hotel outlets in accordance with established procedures and sanitary regulations and recipe standards. It may also be responsible for assisting in setting up tray lines, distributing food to various areas, and disassembling serving lines.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Perform banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
- Ensure assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Ascertain the du jour specials and methods of preparation and presentation.
- Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Must have 2 years of previous culinary experience in a high volume production kitchen.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Culinary degree a plus.
- Ability to operate, clean, maintain most commercial kitchen equipment required.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques; knife skills; attention to detail.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.