The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintenance repairs to the entire hotel facility; including hotel rooms, public areas, administrative offices, etc. Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door and window repairs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following: a working knowledge of refrigeration; air conditioning; electric; plumbing; kitchen equipment and other mechanical devices; ability to meet the physical demands of the position, such as heavy lifting, working on ladders, and standing or walking for extended periods of time.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field required.
· At least three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
· Trade school and/or College course work in related field helpful.
· Obtainment of any licenses or certificates as required by law is required
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
·Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Applicants must possess legal authorization to work in the United States for consideration.