As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Maintenance Engineer to work at our beautiful Wyndham property in Santa Monica, CA. This position is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
• Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
• Take required readings on equipment.
• Test cooling tower and record readings.
• Replace and program televisions as needed.
• Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
• Perform furniture repair.
• Replace and repair pumps.
• Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
• Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
• Trace and repair all types of water lines.
• Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
• Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
• Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
• Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
• Paint designated areas.
• Repair and finish sheet rock.
• Repair all types of wall coverings.
• Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of experience in a hotel or related field required.
• At least two years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
• Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Wyndham is An Equal Opportunity Employer Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.