Maintenance Manager - Olympic Village Resort
The Engineering Manager will provide leadership, planning, organization, and direction for the Engineering Department in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. He/She will be responsible for the financial stability of the resort engineering department; perform analysis of the financial data and determine impact to the engineering department and resort; determine cost effectiveness of interior and exterior preventative engineering in order to maintain high quality of Company’s assets. Perform safety inspections and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS) regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for maintaining the overall engineering operation of the resort: Direct and manage the engineering department and vendor operations. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals and ensure your area of responsibility meets all company standards by performing daily audits and inspections. Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements and best practices and ensuring all compliance standards are met. Implement the policies and procedures necessary to adhere to all governmental requirements for hazardous harmful materials and equipment, includes management, training, engineering of MSDS, disposal, and record keeping. Works with the safety committee and other associates to assure resort safety. This includes performing specific safety training requirements and ensuring that each employee is properly trained and has a clear understanding of the hazard(s) of their responsibilities. Apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Execute strategic goals, participate/facilitate assigned committee and team projects. (35% time)
2. Maintain positive Customer and associate relationships: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. Motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Exercise the ability to attract the highest quality of staff through effective hiring and retain talent by engaging, coaching, developing, and succession planning. Partner with Human Resources to ensure we are working within compliance and all work related standards. (35% time)
3. Manage and support all financial aspects of the engineering department: Review and maintain engineering department financials, forecast and manage monthly engineering budget, and monthly P&L report. Work with regional accounting partners to ensure compliance. Ensure the engineering department meets all Internal, Quality, and Loss Prevention Audit standards. (15% time)
4. Build and maintain strong working knowledge of HOA relationship: Present bids and project scope for capital projects. Understand governing statues and board meeting procedures. Collaborate with Resort Manager to ensure all contracts negotiated on behalf of the HOA are presented in correct legal fashion and vetted prior to implementation. (5% time)
5. Build a Count on me culture. Initiate and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate corporate resources as necessary. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• BA/BS degree preferred
b) Training requirements
• Certification in HVAC, electrical, plumbing is preferred
• CPR Certified
• OSHA Certified
c) Knowledge and skills
• Strong contractor and vendor negotiation skills.
• Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
• Knowledgeable use of general engineering tools and equipment
• Knowledgeable and experience with elevators
• Knowledgeable and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems
• Knowledgeable in/or EPA Certification.
• Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
• Knowledgeable of power, water and sewer distribution.
• Working understanding and ability to read blue prints.
• Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
• Organizational Skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Possess innate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure, or possesses good written and oral communication skills).
• Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
• Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
• Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards, including timekeeping, vendor contracts, and personnel action forms.
• Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
• Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
• Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
• Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
• Valid driver’s license
d) Technical Skills
• PC Skills
• Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
• Key systems, Property
• Power Tool operation and
• Pumps and mechanical motors
e) Job experience
• Five years of related work experience
• Two to five years of supervisory or management responsibility, depending on resort level
• Three or more years in mechanical fields such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.