Manager, Contract Administration
There’s no one else like us. Wyndham Hotel Group is a hotel industry giant with an unmatched presence of more than 8,100 hotels and approximately 708,500 rooms in 78 countries. We’re a hospitality powerhouse, with iconic brands united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business.
Our brands include: Super 8®, Days Inn®, Howard Johnson®, TRYP by Wyndham®, Ramada Worldwide®, Ramada Encore, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Travelodge®, Knights Inn®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Grand®, Dazzler® Hotels, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels, The Trademark Hotel Collection®, AmericInn® and Dolce Hotels and Resorts®.
The blue thread that ties them all together is Wyndham Rewards®, the richest and simplest rewards program in the business. Wyndham Rewards has revolutionized the loyalty landscape, offering members a simple-to-use, generous points-earning structure along with a flat, free night redemption rate – the first of its kind for a major rewards program. Wyndham Rewards® members – over 53 million and counting – have the chance to earn and redeem points for hundreds of rewards options around the world every day.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and other cities, Wyndham Hotel Group employs over 8,800 associates worldwide.
Protect the interest of the Wyndham Hotel Group hotel brands (franchisors/licensors) and the franchisees/licensees based on the agreement established between the two parties. Ensure all legal processes are followed and managed to the terms of each franchise agreement. This includes administering all aspects required within process, i.e. maintaining appropriate databases, researching and reviewing non-conformance/default notices, LD and LD Advisement letters, termination notices and all general correspondence surrounding the interpretation of the franchise agreements. Manage the post-termination identification process.
- Oversee the process, preparation and issuance of all domestic compliance documents (non-conformance letters, defaults, terminations, de-identification and related correspondence). Oversee the domestic process. Oversee 6 direct reports, Compliance Coordinators, who prepare all compliance documentation.
- Manage six compliance coordinators to answer any day-to-day inquires and escalate any issues to leadership. Responsible for providing essential details on issues so leadership may make informed decisions.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of letters and any documentation prepared by Coordinators, as any errors may have significant impact on Company’s financial wherewithal; Manager reviews and is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all issued documents.
- Review and revise all documents generated and prepared by the Compliance Coordinators; volume may equate to hundreds of letters per week
- Develop, mentor, coach and evaluate the performance of the compliance team which consists of 6 direct reports.
- Prepare reports for leadership at regular intervals to categorize terminated sites by de-id status and to track progress on sites that are not yet de-identified; ensure that leadership’s business goals and incumbent’s goals are aligned.
- Review inspection reports from field team.
- Distribute inspection reports to the team to take the appropriate action depending on status.
- Liaise with Legal to coordinate review determining contractual/legal options available.
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Payment of system fees
- Insurance requirements
- System Standards
- Deadlines such as ground break, quality score achievement, windows, opening dates and any other special stipulation within an agreement
- Ad hoc projects primary include system improvements and providing user testing for system changes and upgrades; ensuring that systems work correctly has a direct impact on internal and external clients; understanding how different systems are connected, and which business units are impacted by certain changes is critical in successful deployment of system upgrades
- Investigating allegations
- Analyzing problems
- Corresponding with the field staff
- Drafting legal correspondence and documents necessary to communicate problems and solutions
Responsible for the integrity of all compliance information within the information systems such as default dates, cure dates, and other specific quantifiable contractual obligations along with maintaining an up to date log of all relative information related to those compliance issues.
This position affects many areas of the Hotel Group. The Compliance process is a major factor in determining if a property gets special stipulations (fees, windows), whether a property is in good standing or if it is a candidate for termination. Additionally, financial defaults require payment of all past due fees. Compliance has a direct impact on Quality Assurance, Finance, Legal and all of the Brand Operations staff. The effective management of the compliance process directly impacts company growth and company revenue.
Superior time management skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Must be detail orientated.
Ability to lead/supervise a team.
Ability to work with both internal and external customers.
Must be able to compose correspondence quickly and accurately.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must work well with a team to accomplish tasks.
College Degree (BA, BS) and 2-4 years administration experience desired in a franchised service industry.
Must be able to train, manage, mentor and coach direct reports
Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required.
Proven analytical and research skills
Must be detail oriented
Experience dealing with or preparing contracts is a plus
Strong computer skills including MS Office and MS Browsers
Proficient in Excel
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.