Manager - The Overlook Bar & Restaurant
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Food and Beverage Manager to work at our new property The Summit. This position is responsible for administering and supervising the operation of The Overlook Bar and other beverage components within the hotel.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Monitor day-to-day F&B outlet operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
- Select, train, supervise, and schedule F&B staff in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards.
- Utilize computer programs to analyze forecast, cost, and revenue reports and decisions based on that information to ensure maximizing of profits.
- Monitor the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost supplies; review monthly profit and loss statement and prepare critique and action plans for improvement as necessary.
- Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests for F&B outlets.
- Circulate through each dining area to ensure guest satisfaction; sincerely seek guest comments and quickly and willingly handle any complaints.
- Check dining room, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and equipment.
- Update prices and menu items accordingly.
- Assist in developing the annual Food and Beverage budget.
- Design concepts for promotional efforts.
- Assist in developing and managing adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor & maintain inventory, purchasing supplies, and ensuring compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience required. Bachelors’ degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within Food & Beverage required in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort with at least three of those in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of OSHA, Department of Health Sanitation regulations.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs).
- Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease.
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools
· Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.