Marketing Manager - Wyndham Garden Dammam
- Maintains high level of exposure in the hotel through telephone and contacts and written communications.
- Provides feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, trends on the competitions.
- Presents monthly reports detailing activities undertaken and future plans in line with departmental budget
- Assists with the training and development of marketing team
- Develops the marketing strategy plan
- Manages of the marketing mix
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines and proper procedures, correcting errors and problems; ensure that all team members adhere to the same quality standards.
- Build relationships with local media across key segments and maintain database of journalists and other influencers
- Develop activity schedule incorporating events, press releases and other announcements linked to key hotel events and activities
- Respond to media enquiries and information requests
- Organize and host incoming media, influencer groups and other individual visits to the hotel
- Manage associated online/offline agencies
- Ensure that all the departments throughout the hotel adhere to the Wyndham communication guidelines.
- Identify, develop and execute appropriate social media strategies for the hotels, in line with WHG regional and global direction.
- Develop and execute marketing activities for the hotel cluster in accordance with regional brand strategy and direction – including but not limited to online, offline and partnership marketing campaigns.
- Ensure efficient participation in Wyndham regional and global promotional opportunities
- Identify and deliver targeted, profitable partnerships with local consumer brands that drive guest acquisition, experience and retention
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
Responsible for People leadership of direct reports of your team (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation.
Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
Manage the AES process in your department ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
Review manning and re-recruitment of all positions in your department in conjunction with HR
Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
Share all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
Quarterly Hotel Meeting
Plan and track departmental budget
Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
Review with the Finance Leader/HR Leader the payroll figures (and challenge the HOD’s with regards to over spending and casual usage)
Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
- Minimum of three years of marketing management experience, preferably with both Marketing and PR & Communications expertise
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Experience in preparation, execution and analysis of hotel marketing plans
- Proven success in marketing and communications campaign delivery
- Ability to analyze data using established analytic/reporting tools to measure campaign effectiveness
- Ability to work cross-functionally with hotel and corporate teams to align and execute against a common goal
- Ability to manage marketing plans to budget/forecasts
- Passion for the hospitality industry
- Strong leadership qualities, including influencing skills and people development
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and remain calm under pressure
- Confidence in developing internal and external relationships, using networking and influencing skills to achieve results
- Expresses an entrepreneurial attitude to business development
- Demonstrates authority and credibility with internal and external relationships, including hotel owners, general managers and corporate leadership
Self-sufficient and adaptable.
Languages: English (Fluent), Arabic ideally
Similar role in a 4 star branded hotel
Proven success in marketing and communications campaign delivery
Good Communication skills
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.