With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group, part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest hotel company with approximately 7,380 hotels and over 631,800 rooms in 66 countries.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
The Outlet Bus-Person (Temporary) role is to assist in providing quality food and beverage service to guests courteously and efficiently. Maintain cleanliness of tables, service areas, and equipment. Stock all wares and equipment needed for service.
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, and proper table set ups.
9. Maintain knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor laws/regulations.
10. Complete opening side duties:
a) Check station assignments and complete work to be done.
b) Transport supplies from storeroom to the Restaurant as assigned.
c) Set up trash receptacles and breakdown area following departmental specifications.
d) Stock condiments and supplies as laid down in departmental standards.
e) Set up bread station as laid down in departmental standards.
f) Prepare beverage stations as assigned as laid down in departmental standards.
g) Retrieve clean linen from Laundry and stock in restaurants.
h) Fold napkins as required.
i) Stock and polish all side station wares to the stated levels required for business.
j) Set tables
k) Attend Pre-Meal meeting.
11. Serve water to all guests
12. Serve bread and butter.
13. Serve coffee, tea, and other designated non-alcoholic beverages.
14. Remove soiled wares and other items from tables as assigned.
15. Transport tray from restaurant to breakdown area; and separate wares and food.
16. Monitor and maintain cleanliness of assigned tables.
17. Place additional utensils and wares on tables as directed.
18. Maintain wine buckets.
19. Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager/Supervisor.
20. Refill non-alcoholic beverages according to procedures.
21. Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs
22. Lift trays; Breakdown trays.
23. Replenish wares in side stations throughout shift.
24. Clean coffee machine and other beverage equipment as assigned.
25. Complete closing duties as assigned:
a) Properly store all reusable goods.
b) Breakdown all food stations.
c) Breakdown all beverage stations.
d) Restock items for next service.
e) Transport all dirty linen to Laundry.
f) Secure all supplies at shift end.
26. Leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
27. Assist in service of food as assigned.
28. Follow the maintenance program and cleaning schedule as assigned.
1. Food handling certification.
2. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Ability to:
Willing to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
Ability to think clearly, can remain calm, and solve problems using good judgment.
Ability to follow specific directions thoroughly.
Desire to understand guests’ service needs.
Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Previous experience in a similar position.
3. Certification of previous training in alcohol awareness program.
4. Certifications of previous training in sanitation.
5. Previous guest relations training.