As a world-class meeting facility and four-diamond resort, the multifaceted Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort is a place where the possibilities are as endless as the views. For meetings, spectacular indoor and outdoor venues create the backdrop for imaginative events, allowing attendees to enjoy the beautiful setting while remaining productive and inspired.
Currently, we are searching for a talented Outlet Cashier to join the team of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort and who will be responsible for accepting payment for food and beverages and making proper change for guests and fellow employees. He/she is also responsible for assisting the Host/Hostess in the prompt greeting and seating of all guests and assist servers as needed in accordance with the Wyndham Hotel Group policies and procedures.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Comply at all times with hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Collect money and/or credit cards from guests and servers, and make correct change.
- Operate the approved credit card machine
- Prepare cahier report at end of shift
- Pay out servers’ and service attendants’ tips, if applicable
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side-work checklist
- Be attentive of guests needs and assist in providing a pleasant dining experience
- Properly take reservations for all outlets
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable outlets
- Answer the phone according to standards
- Communicate effectively and courteously over the telephone
- Take a room service order according to hotel standards
- Assist servers and host/hostess in the serving of guests, as needed
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.