Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
The newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort - International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando’s ever-popular I-Drive boasts an enviable location in the Theme Park Capital of the World.
The Wyndham Orlando Resort, International Drive has a phenomenal Outlet Server opportunity on a Part -Time Basis.The Outlet Server is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them.
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while carrying full trays of food & beverages.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.