Painter I - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
The Painter will be responsible for completing all steps involved in the painting process at the resort. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System (GHS), regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the painting function of the resort: Removal of old paint from surface to prepare surface for painting, fill nail holes, cracks, and joints, smooth surfaces and apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings, and other structures. Ensure your area of responsibility meets all company compliance standards, utilizing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times. Required to erect scaffolding or set up ladders safely to perform tasks above ground level. Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for the painting process. (45% time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. (40% time)
3. Build strong working vendor/contractor relationships: Develop professional relationships with vendors and contractors. (5% time)
4. Build the Count on Me Culture. Support resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate departments and colleagues as necessary. (5% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent required
b) Training requirements
• Valid Driver’s License
c) Knowledge and skills
• Working knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in the painting trade.
• Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
• Knowledgeable use of general maintenance tools and equipment
• Organizational Skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent
with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system for work order processing.
d) Technical Skills
• PC Skills
• Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
• Key systems, Property
• Power/Hand Tool operation
e) Job experience (number of years, type/level of previous experience)
• 2 years of job related experience is required.
• Commercial paint experience in a hotel environment preferred.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.