Pastry Chef - Wyndham Doha West Bay
- Creates new and exciting desserts and engage the interest of customers
- Decorates pastries using creative techniques etc. and ensuring the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitors stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar and makes appropriate orders within budget
- Prepares and orders food supplied as needed
- Consults with the Executive Chef and makes suggestions for new and exciting baked goods to embellish the menu.
- Ensures that the recipe file is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Trains pastry team associates in methodology, equipment, and technique to create excellent desserts, pastries and breads.
- Communicates the status of all pastry food production to the Executive Chef
- Supervises, monitors and delegates all, and extra workload to associates
- Establishes and maintains effective associates relations
- Makes any suggestions to the Executive Chef to improve the quality of services
- Ensures that unused food is stored properly in order to minimize waste and maximize quality.
- Ensures that the kitchen remains clean
- Follows up all safety and hygiene procedures as per the hotel standards
- Available to work flexible hours
- In charge of the preparation of pastries, baked goods and desserts.
- Reports any issue to the Executive Chef.
- Consults daily with the Executive Chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team
- Always meets cost targets as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports in your teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports.
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Assist the Executive Chef in controlling the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events.
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Manager & HR in 121’s.
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Review with the Finance Leader/HR Leader the payroll figures
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Organizational skills
- Be able to work under pressure
- Excellent catering skills
- Specific point.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
A minimum of 3 years as a Pastry Chef in a branded hotel
A diploma in culinary arts
Any certificate of health, safety and food hygiene courses.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.