Pastry Cook II
Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Pastry Cook (Full-Time). The Pastry cook responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To plan and direct the production of all desserts and bakery goods.
- Checks with Executive Chef for daily objectives.
- Orders all items needed for pastry production.
- Prepares all desserts needed for pastry production.
- Prepares all pre-plated desserts for banquet and a la carte service.
- Assists chef with new ideas and presentations.
- Controls waste. Controls food and labor costs.
- Forecasts dessert and baked good needs on a daily basis. Communicates operating information to Executive Chef.
- Plans innovative daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal dessert specials and baked goods.
- Assists in performing human resource functions for junior staff, including hiring, training, and supervising.
- Inspects quality of food items used to prepare desserts and baked goods. Informs Executive Chef when quality is not acceptable.
- Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, CRT, record keeping, or word processing. May have need for good communication skills.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of three years job-related experience.
- This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
- Regular exposure to stresses.
- The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
- Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
- Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
- Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.
- Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
- Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials.
- Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
- Responsible for providing guidance to others performing some or similar functions in the area of safety as part of formal orientation to the job / department and on an on-going basis.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 13 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.