Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time PBX Operator. The PBX Operator is responsible for operating the property switchboard in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner as well as providing front office administrative support. Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Answer and direct all incoming calls and in-house calls received on the main switchboard console promptly and efficiently; take messages as required and deliver accordingly.
- Learn and disseminate basic hotel information
- Make hospitality calls for new arrivals nightly.
- Follow up on all guests requests and/or concerns in log.
- Enter wake-up calls into PBX system and prepare call sheets.
- Handle all incoming faxes to the Front Office fax machine and ensure proper delivery; send faxes as needed; maintain fax log.
- Identify telephone equipment problems and contact appropriate technicians.
- File all registration cards alphabetically and store at month end.
- Prepare various reports and charges, including telephone and movie charges.
- Troubleshoot guests’ difficulties with the telephone system.
- Assist Front Desk in minor functions.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of related experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs
- Warm, personable and energetic demeanor, display an excellent phone manner
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. May have to lift up to 15 lbs. on occasion. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 10 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.