Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
The newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort - International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando’s ever-popular I-Drive boasts an enviable location in the Theme Park Capital of the World.
The Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive has a phenomenal PBX Operator opportunity, to work on a Full-Time basis. This position would serve as a 1st and 2nd shift PBX Operator.
The PBX Operator is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Handle incoming/outgoing calls in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, according to standard operating procedures.
- Take and deliver messages according to standards.
- Maintain guest privacy at all times.
- Provide information about the hotel.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Perform call accounting, if applicable.
- Be familiar with VIP procedures.
- Be able to provide accurate directions to the hotel.
- Be familiar with the surrounding area of the hotel.
- Send/receive guest faxes.
- Serve as radio dispatcher, maintaining proper radio and paging procedures.
- Record and relay all guest requests and verify completion.
- Maintain daily activity log.
- Establish and maintain efficient filing system of guest registration cards.
- Process wake up calls per the guest’s request.
- File PBX reports.
- Maintain clean work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.