We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 230 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking for professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Communications Operator, PBX to work at our beautiful Wyndham San Diego Bayside property in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for ensuring efficient communication within, to and from the hotel while maintaining attentive, courteous and efficient customer service.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Handle incoming/outgoing calls in an attentive, courteous and efficient
manner, according to standard operating procedures.
• Take and deliver messages according to standards.
• Maintain guest privacy at all times.
• Provide information about the hotel.
• Be familiar with emergency procedures.
• Perform call accounting, if applicable.
• Be familiar with VIP procedures.
• Be able to provide accurate directions to the hotel.
• Be familiar with the surrounding area of the hotel.
• Send/receive guest faxes.
• Serve as radio dispatcher, maintaining proper radio and paging procedures.
• Record and relay all guest requests and verify completion.
• Maintain daily activity log.
• Establish and maintain efficient filing system of guest registration cards.
• Process wake up calls per the guest’s request.
• File PBX reports.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level
of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised
by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly,
courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes
wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from
various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.