PBX Operator - Wyndham Nashville
The Operator is responsible for ensuring efficient communication within, to and from the hotel while maintaining attentive, courteous and efficient customer service. Handle incoming/outgoing calls in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, according to standard operating procedures
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Operate switchboard, intercom and two-way radio to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls and messages: Furnish information/phone numbers to callers as requested or makes sufficient inquiries necessary to refer the caller to the appropriate resort personnel, sales or marketing or outside vendor. Assist guests with voice mail. Dispatch maintenance and housekeeping staff to guest rooms as needed. (60% time)
Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (15% time)
Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (10% time)
Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
c) Knowledge and skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic understanding of telephone switchboard and PBX equipment and systems
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to give high priority to customer service
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of guidance
• Ability to read, write and understand English
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
d) Technical Skills
• Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard
e) Job experience
• Six months customer service experience
• Six Months of switchboard /PBX experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.