Pool Lifeguard - Wyndham Garden Dammam
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
The primarily objective is to ensure the safety and well-being of the hotel Guests and Visitors. Keep the pool area clean and well maintained and also to ensure water hygienic and safety standards Hotels are met at all times.
welcome Guests to the pool facility and always be courteous and friendly to guests, be attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety regarding to Wyndham corporate policies and procedures. In addition to requirements and regulations in KSA.
· To ensure that all safety equipment in the pool area is in place and in good condition.
· To be aware of all rules and regulations of pool usage and ensure that all members and guests follow
· To patrol the pool area and be constantly alert to unsafe practices, or swimmers facing difficulties, assisting any such guest immediately.
· To clean the swimming pool daily using the pool vacuum prior to opening pool, and pool skimmer throughout the day
· To monitor clarity and cleanliness of pool water, advising Spa Supervisor if water is murky or cloudy
· To carry out weekly check of pool tiles and grouting to ensure no buildup of algae – cleaning grouting at the frequency and method as per pool standards
· To patrol the pool area removing loose garbage, leaves etc throughout his shift
· To assist pool bar staff by removing glasses, plates etc whenever required – returning to pool bar area.
· To ensure sun beds, tables and umbrellas are set up in the correct fashion prior to pool opening times
· To assist cleaners in cleaning furniture and mattress covers whenever required
· Ensure that proper pool testing has taken place prior to Guests using the facility.
· To be aware of all club services and charges so as to assist any guests and answer questions
· To be aware of the gym operation and facilities
· To be aware of the reception desk duties in order to cover reception duties when requested.
· To offer professional and friendly service to guests and members at all times
· To be flexible and proactive with colleagues
· To be aware of pool fire procedure and ensure it is followed
· To carry out any request as advised by supervisor.
· Observe the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
Laws, Regulations & Policies:
· Ensure compliance with business operations laws
· Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
· Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
· Fosters and develops effective associate relations throughout the hotel
Health & Safety
· Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
· Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
· Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
· Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
· Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
· Attends meetings and training required by the Department Head or Hotel Management.
· Attends meetings and training as required.
· Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
· Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Department Head) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
· Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position.
· Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programs.
· Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
· Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently.
· Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders.
· Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape.
· Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
· Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
§ Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
§ Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
§ Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
§ Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
§ Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
§ Corporate clients generating high business volume
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! Service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATE & EDUCATION
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.