President and Managing Director EMEA
Wyndham Hotel Group, hotel giant with an unmatched global presence, is a hospitality powerhouse, with 20 iconic brands united by the most generous and simplest rewards program in the business, Wyndham Rewards.
We are driving the democratization of travel by transforming to deliver better value for the everyday traveler. We believe travelers deserve great experiences and real value, and our portfolio – including our strength in economy and midscale hotels – delivers that.
Our global portfolio consists of more than 8,100 hotels and over 708,500 rooms in 78 countries under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Grand®, Dazzler® Hotels, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Garden® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®, Ramada®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn®
The President and Managing Director is responsible for the Europe, Middle East, EurAsia and Africa (EMEA) region which operates from a Corporate office in London, UK and spans 42 countries with 4 sub-regional offices – London, Istanbul, Dubai and Gurgaon, each headed by a Regional VP.
This Executive Leadership role, reporting to the Global Chief Operating Officer, has full responsibility for the achievement of Wyndham Hotel Group strategic objectives in the EMEA region;
• Brand Quality & Systems Growth
• Technology Solutions
• Sales and Marketing
The role holder will lead and develop a multiple discipline functional team to deliver appropriate operational, new business development, brand and loyalty marketing, revenue management, sales, legal, financial and people support to a regional geography of managed and franchised properties, franchisees and owners and corporate associates and office locations.
Performance will be measured by the following metrics;
• Net Room Growth
• Quality Assurance
• Guest Satisfaction
• Revenue Contribution
• Wyndham Rewards
• Associate Engagement Survey
The role holder will be responsible both for the development of all Wyndham Hotel Group brands within the EMEA as well as maximising the performance of all new and existing franchise and managed properties in the region.
The role will include all aspects of development with a particular focus on the management and development of long term relationships with existing and potential partners. The role holder will also be responsible for screening projects according to the overall development strategy for the Company within the region. This includes overseeing the development of large portfolio projects and their potential within the WHG system.
The role holder will be accountable, through the Chief Development Officer and team of Developers, for investigating the feasibility of potential portfolio developments, structuring business deals, negotiating contracts and attaining necessary approvals.
With regard to Operations, the role holder will maintain and nurture positive relationships with our owners and franchise partners and through the Regional VPs and their entire teams to ensure that the operating values of Wyndham Hotel Group are met in order to drive system contribution, revenue, performance, quality, operational excellence, legal compliance and brand engagement.
They will be accountable for a full management remit encompassing business development, managed, franchise and new opening hotel operations, sales, revenue management, marketing, IT, legal, financial and HR support and will be required to document and deliver a strategic plan in order to deliver annual business goals and objectives.
The role holder will have full P&L responsibility for the EMEA region.
Acting as an ambassador and guardian of WHG brands in the region, they will lead the entire EMEA corporate team.
This individual will have a broad liaison throughout the organization and externally at all levels and functions and will therefore forge and nurture strong relationships with decision makers at the highest level.
This person will exercise high level of control within this work group and their actions will have a significant impact. They will work with a high level of autonomy and will therefore be in the position to make critical decisions on behalf of the business. The success of these decisions and their endeavours will ultimately have a high level and direct influence on the financial performance of the Organisation.
They will be tasked with making vital commercial decisions behalf of the Company. Their success in this area will have a direct impact on the Company’s reputation, pipeline and revenue growth as well as the Company’s overall growth strategy.
The President acts as an ambassador for all Wyndham Hotel Group departments as part of a unified team and is able to identify, access and deploy the necessary resources to drive bottom line results. They are the most senior point of contact for key stakeholders and their teams and therefore play an integral part in strengthening the Company’s value proposition and the growth of the organization in the EMEA region.
They will manage a team of senior level mulita discipline, functional heads as direct reports.
- Negotiation - Must possess highly advanced negotiation skills in order to create a positive foundation for the on-going relationship
- Collaboration & Relationships - Initiates, builds and maintains lasting professional relations based on mutual respect and understanding that foster a collaborative approach to working
- Credibility and influence - Will engender credibility and respect within the international hospitality arena thereby enabling immediate recognition as a key player in the industry and positioning for the Company.
- Innovation - Takes an innovative and creative approach that applies the best fit solution for the situation in hand
- Communication - Communicates clearly and effectively in writing and in person. Fosters an open and honest communication style and has strong presentation skills
- Analysis - Able to read, analyze and understand numerical or verbal data in order to assess a commercial situation and present a compelling business case based real information
- Commercial and financial acumen - Demonstrates outstanding knowledge in commercial and financial fundamentals, able to predict the impact of particular activities on the bottom line of the business
- Customer service - Fosters a customer oriented approach; responsive and respectful in keeping with the fundamental concept of hospitality
- Flexibility - Adaptable and accepting of change, able to cope with an evolving business landscape applying the best fit solution to each unique situation
- Empathy - Able to consider, understand and empathize with the priorities and challenges of others
- Integrity - Must show the highest standards of honesty, integrity and discretion and will create trust with all associates, clients and customers
- Leadership – Must demonstrate the qualities of leadership and people management, the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Consultative - Makes purposeful observations and recommendations to create positive improvements and advances for the team and / or customer
- The candidate would ideally be a graduate from one of the following: Business Administration, Real Estate degree or Hospitality degree, or have equivalent professional experience
- Expertise in franchising, hotel management, real estate development and an in depth understanding of the hospitality sector are essential
- Significant experience with an emphasis in one or more of the following: hotel development, hotel operations or real estate development/advisory
- Experience in a senior management position from an international corporate environment with responsibility for planning and development of business procedures and processes, budgeting and regular forecasting, in particular with a multiple territory focus is required
- Experience with direct P&L responsibility for revenues and EBITDA
- Previous experience in the hospitality arena internationally is essential, ideally with exposure to multiple brands in a multi-unit or regional role
- Highly developed analytical and financial skills
- Extensive senior leadership and people management experience
- Fluency in English is essential
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.