Preventative Maintenance Technician - WorldMark - Whistler
The Preventative Maintenance Technician will support general resort operations by ensuring the interior of the room is ready for guest arrival as it relates to the workability of all aspects of the room to include lighting, electronics, appliances, plumbing and the general appearance of the interior of the unit. The Preventative Maintenance Technician’s primary duties are to prepare or “blitz” units, and perform basic repairs as necessary, to allow for immediate guest arrival.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect (Blitz) the interior of the units for deficiencies in lighting, electronics, basic plumbing, appliances and the appearance/workability of all hard goods (walls, doors, furniture, window fixings, etc) within the unit. Will perform basic repairs on these aspects to make the room ready for immediate owner occupancy. (60% of the time)
- Perform the Room Preventative Maintenance (RPM) process as outlined in the Maintenance Departmental Operating Procedures. This includes performing a much more thorough and in depth inspection of all aspects of the interior as compared to the Blitz process. Will perform basic to advanced repairs on all deficiencies found in the interior of the unit to bring the unit back to “like new” condition. (15%)
- Complete all necessary work orders and customer requests by applying basic knowledge of repair and replacement of general fixtures. General repair may include: doors, windows, walls, flooring, ceilings, furniture, cabinetry, basic electrical, basic plumbing and basic appliance repair. (10% time)
- Perform basic janitorial work inside the unit and in the common areas of the resort. May perform basic landscaping, basic maintenance to the exterior of the building/common areas and pool/spa maintenance dependent upon location. (10% time)
- Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
· High School diploma or equivalent
· CPO Certification may be required
b) Training requirements
· Basic pool maintenance (select sites)
c) Knowledge and skills
· Detail oriented with organizational skills
· Basic knowledge of plumbing, A/C repair, drywall repair, painting and minor electrical preferred
· Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions
· Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
· Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
d) Technical Skills
· Basic Plumbing preferred
· Drywall repair preferred
· Minor electrical preferred
· Minor carpentry preferred
· Minor appliance repair preferred
e) Job experience
· Six months related maintenance experience preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.