Public Area Attendant / Houseperson
The Public Space Houseperson is responsible for maintaining high standards in all assigned lobby areas, public restrooms, special cleaning assignments and performing Room Attendant duties as necessary.
Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self
Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist if needed.
Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if necessary.
Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
Vacuum guest corridors.
Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and organized.
Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public areas.
Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand
Ensure overall guest satisfaction
Flexible and long hours sometimes required
Medium work- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.