Raft Guide - Part Time - Seasonal - Seventh Mountain
- Participate in daily whitewater raft trips and/or flat water SUP/kayak trips for guests as scheduled.
- Support the Activities Department.
- Pack/load necessary equipment for trips going out and unpack/unload after the trip is done
- Maintain a good sense of humor and cooperative attitude when dealing with both co-workers and guests
- Communicate well with head guide, owners, office manager and co-workers
- Learn about natural environment and history of area and share the knowledge with guests
- Engage when needed with other guest activity programs for the Resort.
- Facilitate positive employee image and effective guest relations by demonstrating attention to detail, congeniality, integrity and sound judgment.
- Manage all facilities and equipment to insure proper working conditions.
- Coordinate all maintenance and replacement needs as required.
- Understand basic scheduling and operations of recreation activities.
- Help guest with rental equipment & sizing
- Assist with community events
Must be at least 18 years old.
Certification or ability to become certified in First Aid and CPR
Certification or ability to become certified in SWIFT Water Training
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
One year experience in customer service, recreation and administration/leadership is preferred.
Excellent communication skills.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members.
Able to organize and facilitate group activities.
Must possess a high level of creativity and a customer service mind-set.
Lifting (must be able to lift rafts and associated equipment on a variety of terrain using various methods)
Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
Pumping (must be able to inflate rafts to recommended p.s.i. using high volume manual pumps)
Rescues (must be able to perform various rescue techniques. Most commonly returning guests to rafts after they fall or jump out, and throwing rescue lines)
Ability to control a raft in class 3 whitewater
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.