Reservations Agent - Ramada Encore Doha
The Reservations Agent is responsible for handling group reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Wyndham standards. They are to work with the sales managers in obtaining group business.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Book group room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department and Front Office to build group blocks and enter group bookings.
- Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the Front Desk staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert front office team of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
- Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as required by Hotel Management.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Call for occupancy at area hotels.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Send confirmations.
- Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
- Process brochure requests.
- Assist with processing travel agent commissions as requested.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
- at least 2 years in a similar role in the hospitality industry
- Customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.