Reservations Agent- Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Revenue & Reservation
Assistant Reservations Manager
This position is responsible for responding to guest calls and enquiries about room reservations, to provide information and reserve rooms for guests. The Reservations agent will be well versed in promotions, events and pricing to meet the guests request.
To completely adhere to the Standard and Procedures in performing his/her duties.
All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with Wyndham corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations.
- Give ready assistance by responding promptly and politely to any request or query regarding room reservation via facsimile, telephone, email based on procedures and policies provided.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with reservations, confirmations, special request and general question about the hotel.
- Explain hotel products, service and other information about the hotel as required.
- Process, enter and confirm reservation as per the available inventory.
- To be well knowledgeable of current hotel events, activities as well as dining options and operation hours.
- Negotiate (if applicable) and close deals according to the season so that forecasted revenue will materialize.
- Maintain good relationship and harmonious camaraderie to clients and to company contacts to ensure return business.
- Assist at the Reception when required
- Ensure compliance with business operations laws
- Ensure compliance with hospitality operations law
- Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
- Fosters and develops effective associate relations throughout the hotel
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Department Head or Hotel Management.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
- Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Department Head) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position.
- Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders.
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape.
- Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
- Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the MANAGER TITLE/DOTTED LINE TITLE
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! / I AM Service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Ability to speak in Arabic is an asset
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.