As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
The Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach Resort offers 343 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with spectacular vistas, a beautiful and tranquil spa, waterfront dining and 22,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including the area's largest ballroom. Our refined yet relaxed resort will connect guests through our highly-personalized and anticipatory service, while delivering memorable experiences that evoke the distinctive charm and spirit of Clearwater Beach.
We are seeking a Restaurant Host to join our team. This position is responsible for ensuring all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner using appropriate procedures to ensure a positive experience.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, and then escort them to table and present menu.
- Inform servers of new guests.
- Maintain accurate waiting list as needed; advise guests when seating is available.
- Control the reservation book.
- Answer host stand telephone promptly and courteously.
- Maintain knowledge of table numbers and seating capacities for the shift.
- Inspect tables and buffets for proper settings.
- Ensure proper lighting and heating in dining and lobby lounge area; ensure proper volume of background music.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to effectively solve customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet.
· Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.