Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel with an inviting mix of high-tech spaces and decor that reflects the Old City charm. Located in Philadelphia's historic district, surrounded by reassures of American Heritage, our hotel is an inviting destination where vacation and business travels can work, relax, dine, meet and embrace the culture of the City of Brotherly Love.
As a Restaurant Server you will be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving room service orders as well as delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
- Employees will be working out of Coins Restaurant as well as working in Room Service.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees
- Employees must be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant, lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dish room according to established standards
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a hotel or related field preferred
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to withstand temperatures variations, both hot and cold.
Applicants must already possess legal authorization to work in the United States for consideration. Wyndham Hotel Group is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check and drug test.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.