The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is looking for a Restaurant Server/Bartender (PT) to provide excellent service to the guests in the hotel's restaurant.
The Restaurant Server/Bartender is responsible for providing the highest quality of service in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the restaurant, lounge and rooms service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Keep all beverages at least 3/4 full (coffee, tea, soda, water and lemonade).
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them.
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method)
Stock and clean glassware.
Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
Prepare all garnishes.
Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Previous bartending experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while carrying full trays of food and beverages.
- Position works primarily evenings. Flexibility required. Weekends & holidays required.
- Ability to work five days a week, minimum five hours per night.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We require consent to pre-employment background check & drug testing for all positions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.