The Alexander offers its guests an exciting take on hospitality by transforming guest rooms, restaurants, and event spaces into enthralling havens for commissioned works of art. Undeniably contemporary, but always comfortable, The Alexander is destined to become a premier destination for business professionals, art lovers, gourmands, and other cultured clientele.
Each one of our 157 guest rooms and 52 extended stay units focus on creating a relaxed environment for work or rest while enlivening the senses with pops of color and eye-catching art. Guests will discover the same, infectious energy in The Alexander’s stylish and inviting restaurants, which serve culinary works of art for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perfect for unforgettable celebrations and exceptional meetings, every inch of the 16,500 square feet of event space exudes elegance and creativity.
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Room Attendant to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. This position is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of guestrooms and other assigned areas in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Pick up extra cleaning and guest room supplies in the Housekeeping department.
- Clean assigned quota of rooms daily according to standards.
- Maintain a clean and neat area at all times.
- Replace guest room amenities as necessary.
- Report all maintenance problems to Supervisor / Engineering.
- Keep linen closets clean.
- Stock area for next day.
- Remove in-room dining tables and trays from guest rooms and hallways.
- Respond to all guest requests appropriately and in a courteous, timely manner.
- Keep the supply cart neat and organized at all times.
- Check all equipment prior to and after use to ensure it is in good working order.
- Report and deliver lost and found items to the Housekeeping office.
- Ensures that superior guest service is provided through fast, flawless, and spotless service standards.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in housekeeping is required, preferably in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.