In Room Dining Server
The Alexander offers its guests an exciting take on hospitality by transforming guest rooms, restaurants, and event spaces into enthralling havens for commissioned works of art. Undeniably contemporary, but always comfortable, The Alexander is destined to become a premier destination for business professionals, art lovers, gourmands, and other cultured clientele.
Each one of our 157 guest rooms and 52 extended stay units focus on creating a relaxed environment for work or rest while enlivening the senses with pops of color and eye-catching art. Guests will discover the same, infectious energy in The Alexander’s stylish and inviting restaurants, which serve culinary works of art for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perfect for unforgettable celebrations and exceptional meetings, every inch of the 16,500 square feet of event space exudes elegance and creativity.
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an In Room Dining Server to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for providing the set up and delivery of all food & beverage orders to guests in accordance with the property's guidelines to ensure outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Set up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance with property’s established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food and beverage trays in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Set up and deliver all VIP amenities.
- Service all hospitality suites in accordance with Banquet Event Orders and established policies and procedure.
- Complete all shift side work as outlined in the hotel’s operating policies and procedures.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales; report all communication to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform all cash handling responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a cart weighing a maximum of 100 lbs., at a continuous schedule.
- Must be able to transport large trays weighing up to 30lbs.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.