Room Service Server
The Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive has undergone an extensive 75 million dollar redevelopment. Guests will see a complete refurbishment and upgrade to all 613 guest rooms and suites which will showcase modern resort-chic dÃ©cor. A dramatic sense of arrival with a meandering pathway leading to a grand porte-cochere as well as a newly built lobby and redeveloped meeting space to complete over 60,000 square feet of ultra-flexible space. Additionally, there will be 15,000 square feet of flexible outdoor space ideal for plated meal functions, casual receptions or fun themed events! A combination of brick pavers, beautiful, lush landscaping, tranquil fountains and specialty lighting for evening events will make Paradise Key and the Grand Lawn a much sought after venue without even having to leave the resort.
Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive will be positioned as the epicenter of excitement and one of the most unique meeting venues in Orlando with the addition of surrounding I-Shops, bringing hosts of new dining and shopping options, as well as development of I-Drive Live, including the Orlando Eye (inspired by London Eye Ferris wheel), Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and SEA LIFE Aquarium, planned for one block away.
Is currently seeking a Room Service Server to work on a part time status. The Room Service Server is responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to guestrooms in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare station in anticipation of the day's business. Stock work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and ensure that stock is clean and polished.
- Check VIP list, and communicate orders to the kitchen and the next room service shift.
- Set trays and tables according to established standards.
- Deliver orders according to established standards.
- Retrieve trays on a timely basis.
- Ensure quality of food & beverage being delivered and communicate with Manager/Captain/Kitchen.
- Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
- Call all guests before delivery of order.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established sidework checklist.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and upsell items to guests.
- Assist order taker in the answering of the telephone while maintaining the established standards.
- Communicate guest needs to proper department.
- Handle guest's complaints and communicate to management.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and Drug Free Workplace
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.