Sales Manager (Business Travel Sales Manager)
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
All aspects of sales and management, including initiation, development & maintenance of client accounts, contacts and bookings and exploring new opportunities in the market.
Maintain and grow existing accounts.
Selling food, beverage, room rental, special amenities and technology.
Actively prospects and solicits new contacts and business opportunities for day meetings.
Completes weekly departmental reports as designated.
Maintain proper business records pertaining to sales/clients in Delphi catering system.
Conduct site inspections
Works with Conference Sales Managers to assure maximum utilization of facility.
Attends weekly resume meeting, training programs, and other meetings as designated.
Follows up with client contact at the end of each meeting to ensure satisfaction and obtain feedback.
Assists with and completes special projects and assignments as designated by the Director of Sales and Marketing and General Manager.
Represent property at selected trade shows
Periodic travel may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Major in hospitality preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in hotel sales.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.