Sales Manager - Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre, United Kingdom
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. The Sales Manager is responsible for an increase in transient room revenue by increasing production of existing accounts. He/she is also responsible for month-end reporting and tracking of account production.
What will it be like to work for this family of Brands?
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest and most diverse hotel company, encompassing approximately 7,800 hotels and 678,000 rooms in 72 countries. From the award-winning upper-upscale offerings of its namesake Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® brand, to the distinctly familiar properties of its globally recognized Dolce, Ramada®, Days Inn®, Super 8® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests, owners and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Ramada Encore hotels are stylish, midscale hotels that cater to value-conscious guests throughout Europe and Asia. Properties typically feature high-speed Internet access, full buffet breakfast, expanded cable or satellite television, in-room coffeemaker and express check-out. Most properties also feature meeting facilities.
What will I be doing?
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and procedures and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Operate the sales department within established sales expense budget.
· Participate in required duty manager shifts.
· Initiate and follow up on leads.
· Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
· Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the account coverage requirements.
· Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
· Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
· Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the hotel.
· Use your hotel computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
· Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
· Handle inquiries.
· Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives.
· Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (lost and turndown). Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral.
· Develop and implement specific account marketing plans for appropriate accounts. Monitor production compliance.
· Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts. Communication to be hotel defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
· Respond to client inquiries and request for pricing.
· Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via hard files and/or automated account management system.
· Assist in updating Brand National Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
· Participate in trade shows, community & professional organizations to maintain high visibility.
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the general manager/Corporate regional sales team.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on their behalf. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving as the management company and will not be the actual employer.
What are we looking for?
Working in any of our Wyndham Hotel Group Brands is always to be striving to exceed the expectations of our Guests, collaborating with other Associates and delivering financial returns for our Owners. To successfully fill this role, you should possess the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Min of 2 years experience in a similar role.
· Working experience in hospitality.
· Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
· Possess strong commercial acumen, with experience in increasing profitability.
· Excellent leadership skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· A team player, someone that is pro-active and acts with integrity.
· Proficient in English language.
· Working experience with the systems OPERA and Lanyon is preferred.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2016 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.