TITLE: Sales Manager II
The Sales Manager Level II is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
· Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP's, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
· Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
· Initiate and follow up on leads.
· Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
· Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
· Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
· Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
· Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
· Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
· Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
· Use your property's computerized sales management system to manage the hotel's business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering
business, blocking space and building accounts.
· Meet and greet onsite contacts.
· Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
· Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
· Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
· Entertain clients.
· Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
· At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience in a specific market; or a 4year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a
2 year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
· Must have a valid driver's license in the applicable state.
· Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise