Sales Manager - Wyndham Garden Dammam
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to the Sales policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the account coverage requirements.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Conduct research on client room nights/revenue performance, prepare account performance reports quarterly and annually, conduct semi-annual account review meetings with account representatives.
- Prospect for new transient business. Track all transient leads (lost and turndown). Participate in transient, group and catering lead referral.
- Develop and implement specific account marketing plans for appropriate accounts.
- Monitor production compliance.
- Maintain regular communication with all special corporate/preferred corporate accounts and send quarterly production reports to all clients. Communication to be property defined may include newsletters, client receptions/recognition functions, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries and request for pricing
- Maintain in-depth files on all accounts; via hard files and/or automated account management system
- Assist in updating Brand national Transient database, if applicable. Coordinate local transient sales initiative and activities with Brand National Transient Sales for national and regional transient accounts, if applicable.
- Participate in trade shows, community & professional organizations to maintain high visibility.
Experience ideally in the Saudi market
Experience ideally in a 4* hotel environment
Good networking ability in the marketplace
Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels in a multi-cultural environment is a must
Arabic speaking would be advantageous
Excellent verbal and written skills
Positive and enthusiastic attitude
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.