Sales Trainer - San Diego
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is the world's largest vacation ownership company with an impressive list of world-renowned destinations. We've grown and excelled by remaining true to our corporate values of integrity, accountability and exceptional customer service. It is the strong values and Count On Me service promise of being respectful, being responsive and delivering great experiences exhibited by our team that continues to set us apart from the rest.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership's vision is to deliver a lifetime of memorable vacation experiences for our owners. This vision is supported by our mission statement which states: We embrace and live the Wyndham “Count on Me” culture creating a supportive environment for employees to develop and prosper.
This exciting position will allow the right candidate the
opportunity to work with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, WorldMark by Wyndham and
Shell Vacation Club.
The Sales Trainer position offers an excellent opportunity to bring a positive impact to an entire sales team. As you develop a track record of influence, this role can open doors for continued growth in both sales management, and regional leadership for future career opportunities. Additional features include paid vacations, and standard weekends off.
The right candidate will report directly to the Regional Director of Talent Transformation for the Region
- The right candidate will relocate to the San Diego area.
- Have a strong desire to be an integral part of the site senior leadership team.
- Must have the ability to communicate and partner with the Site VP, Regional Director of Training, Regional Director of Recruiting, Site Recruiters and other site trainers.
- Possess the ability to identify opportunities relating to, but not limited to, the training department, sales lines (in house and front line), sales processes and a desired follow-through to affect and implement positive change.
- The right candidate must have the ability to lead with influence.
- The right candidate will have a proven track record. This can include any, but is not limited to, front line or in house sales, sales manager, site trainer, Sr. Manager, DOS or VP positions.
- Support the Specialist Presenter team for training and compliance.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Wyndham Vacation Resorts, WorldMark by Wyndham and Shell Vacation Club.
- This position will oversee training to include:
- Required - Wyndham’s “Play to Win” new hire training curriculum is delivered to new hires in a classroom setting using the iPad
- Required - Wyndham’s “Road to Success” 12-week follow-up training is being facilitated to new hires in a consistent classroom setting. This will be one module per week for 12 weeks. It is not permitted to do multiple modules in one week.
- Required - Road to Success on line test is completed immediately after each module is facilitated while still in the class.
- Required - WVO Sales Compliance on line course is completed in new hire classes
- Required - Wyndham Rewards and PayPal training are completed during the new hire class.
- Required - Select 5 underperforming sales reps from the bottom 3rd quartile of the sales line for JumpStart at the beginning of every month. This is to be done in tandem with your Regional Director of Training for approval.
- Required – Work with the 5 reps for one month to improve VPG and close %.
- Required - Report mid-month on all actions taken with JumpStart reps to your Regional Director of Training.
- Ensure follow-up training and hours of power are being facilitated regularly.
- Required - Follow your classes to the floor and T.O. behind all new hires with us 90 days or less.
- Required – New hires are to be at 100% of budgeted VPG at 90 days.
- Ensure sites are up-to-date on all recently approved Wyndham collateral.
- Partner with Regional Trainer in staffing any open roles in your region.
- A minimum of 1 year Wyndham sales experience. Front line and in house are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Wyndham Vacation Resorts, WorldMark by Wyndham and Shell Vacation Club
- A minimum of 1 year sales management experience preferred
- Proven track record with the ability to T.O. tables
- Must obtain a real estate license or timeshare license in the state where you reside
- Thorough understanding of Wyndham's products
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office a plus
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- Effective time management skills
- Work schedule flexibility
- Some travel may be required
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.