Salon Hair Stylist
Join the Silverado Family!
Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Part-Time Salon Hair Stylist.
This position does not require any station rental or personal product supply responsibilities. We provide all the equipment, linen and supplies needed so that you can focus on providing exceptional service for our valued guests of the Spa at Silverado Resort. Fundamental Requirements:
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Perform Hair services at an exceptional service levels to all client.
- Demonstrate expert skills in color applications and techniques, Updo’s and Blow outs.
- Maintain sanitary standards and attractive presentation of tester units, testers and work station.
- Practice professional and sanitary methods as stated by the Board of Cosmetology.
- Ensure final sales potential with Front Desk as needed to help close a sale or to explain products to a client.
- Coordinate cross selling efforts between Aestheticians, Body Therapists and Nail Technicians.
- Greet and assist all guests shopping in the Boutique by introducing them to new promotions products and special events through demonstrations and attractive displays.
- Achieve personal monthly retail sales goals.
- Maintain proper par levels of professional and retail stock.
- Participate in special styling events for weddings, Mother’s Day, Prom Night, etc.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities including ensuring facility/amenities are in proper working order.
- Provide Spa tours as necessary
- Create in-house portfolio for potential clients.
- Check appointment schedule and print daily activities as required as well as complete daily reports.
- Ensure inventory control through proper usage of products.
- Assist with front desk or locker room functions, as necessary.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
As part of the Spa team, you will join other associates that value hard work and pride themselves in making every single event an unforgettable one for our guests and their loved ones.
Our team is:
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services of the highest caliber.
• Able to work/collaborate together and communicate effectively with guests and associates at all levels of the organization.
OUR MISSION: Only at Silverado Resort and Spa will you find a captivating place that must be experienced, where tradition and history are honored and modern day luxury is delivered. We create unforgettable moments for every single member, every single guest, one story at a time.
Silverado Resort and Spa offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Silverado Resort Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have previous salon experience with styling, color and precision cuts and nail services
- Fulfillment of current California State licensing requirements.
- Maintain current licenses and certifications as required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to cross-train in other Spa related areas as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Hygiene is key in this environment due to the close proximity of working with the clients. At no time is cigarette smoke allowed to be on the hands, clothes or breath of a spa employee during a shift.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 13 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.