The seasonal worker is responsible for food service and maintaining the pool area on Saturdays and Sundays from 12 pm to 8 pm as well as assisting with the service in the Food & Beverage Outlets when the food and beverage supervisor or manager are not present. He/she is also responsible for assisting the manager with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
· At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
· Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare requisitions as needed.
· Ensure work areas are neat and clean.
· Check that trays and tables are set to standards.
· Ensure quality control of all menus with regards to cleanliness and appearance.
· Assist in the outlets when necessary.
· Ensure that tables are cleared promptly.
· Ensure proper settlement of checks.
· Ensure orders are delivered on time.
· Ensure food quality.
· Ensure communication with oncoming shift.
· Handling guest complaints or special requests, communicate to management when necessary.
· Be capable of training and performing all duties required of all food and beverage outlet employees.
· Hold pre-meal meetings daily to monitor service and promote up selling.
· Check staffing levels and adjust according to business demand.
· Requisition linen as needed.
· Ensure property is free of trays and trash.
· Control payroll cost in food and beverage outlets.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.