Senior Legal Counsel EMEA
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the role holder will be required to build a full understanding of the businesses and brands operated by RCI, DAE and Love Home Swap in Europe, the Middle East and Africa; the relevant laws and regulations; and the commercial and risk issues facing the businesses.
The role shall comprise:
- Advising all business units on day to day and strategic legal issues, including commercial contracts, consumer law, regulatory, corporate / M&A , outsourcings, commercial property, intellectual property, IT, data protection, compliance;
- Dealing directly with and advising senior management;
- Training internal legal and business teams on legal and compliance issues;
- Reviewing new business initiatives from a legal and risk perspective.
- Providing periodic updates to key stakeholders to assess and mitigate risks related to legal issues.
- Managing the company secretarial aspects, including maintaining the company secretarial database, conducting group restructures, liquidations, companies house filings, etc.
- Manage one paralegal
- Select and liaise with external counsel on a project by project basis
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide commercially focused and accurate legal advice to RCI, DAE, and Love Home Swap. Will be expected to keep up to date with each brand’s strategy and commercial aims as well as general industry trends
- Take responsibility for certain legal aspects of key group functions including tax, IT, property and M&A transactions – taking instructions directly from the key stakeholders in these areas
- Take sole responsibility and being accountable for specific brand’s legal work
- Assisting with government relations function; responding to government consultations, building relationships with relevant trade bodies, alerting business to key future legal issues
- Must be able to work on complex matters and transactions largely unsupervised
ANY OTHER RELEVANT FACTORS
Personal Presentation – to behave in a confident, professional and friendly manner with the ability to express ideas clearly and with confidence to all levels within the organisation.
Personal Organisation and Work Style - Ability to work to deadlines at short notice and under pressure to effectively manage own workload. Must be resilient and able to operate autonomously if needed. Have a systematic and logical approach to problem solving and an eye for detail in research, collation and analysis of information.
Communication skills - Ability to communicate effectively and deal with queries in a highly professional manner. Prepare and present to colleagues. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Initiative and Involvement - Willingness to learn and do the job well. Ideas and suggestions for improvement confidently given. Will be required to build a good working knowledge of RCI, DAE, and Love Home Swap brands and business models.
Confidentiality – maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Adaptability - Ability to maintain effectiveness in changing environments or in the face of conflicting priorities.
Solicitor with 6-8 years PQE preferably gained in either the commercial department of a reputable law firm or in-house.
- Pragmatic and results focused rather than a legal technocrat.
- Sound knowledge contract and company law
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a multinational, matrix organization
- Knowledge/ experience of the leisure and hospitality sector
- M&A experience
- Experience with non-UK matters and complex transactions preferred.
Willingness to work flexible hours when required and to travel both within Europe and the US.
- Successful drafting and implementation of legal documents, policies and procedures.
- Provide legal advice in a clear and concise manner.
- Internal customer satisfaction in terms of the business’ level of comfort that it receives sound legal advice and assistance.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.