As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
As Southwestern Ontario’s only IACC approved conference hotel, this historic London hotel is situated on 30 acres provides ample conference space and the best destination for meetings. Retreat to Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, a distinctive meeting and conference hotel experience that is sure to nourish the mind, body and spirit. The London Ontario centre offers a variety of leisure, wedding and meetings packages to suit your personal style
Wyndham Hotel Group is currently in search of Part-Time Servers to work at our beautiful
Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre property in London, Ontario Canada. The servers are responsible for providing all guests seated in the lounge with an enjoyable experience,
through quality service in the most efficient manner at all times.
Scheduling availability during weekdays, Mon-Fri required.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Review the menu and become thoroughly familiar with food and beverage items.
- Ensure assigned station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or restaurant/lounge promotions for guest awareness.
- Take guests’ cocktail and food orders, answering all menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
- Present properly written food check to kitchen/bar, informing of particulars in the order being
placed; when complete, retrieve order, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest along with
- Practice “clean as you go” techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning
between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
- Close all guest checks in a timely manner, ensuring all checks are properly signed and printed.
Maintain current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities and services, events in the area, points of
interest, and services in the area.
- Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 27 of the Occupational Health &
Safety Act (OHSA) are being followed; conduct employee training and accident investigations;
coordinate Health & Safety training within the department.
- May be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities as set forth above.
- Minimum formal education of some high school, GED or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two year job-related experience; hotel/hospitality experience preferred.
- Smart Serve Certification is mandatory; refresher may be requested
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the
- designated uniform.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English language
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.