Social Hour Attendant
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Part Time Social Hour Attendant to work at our beautiful Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham property located in Dallas, TX. This position is responsible for preparing food and presenting it to the customer in a customer service oriented manner. They are to maintain the evening social area inclusive of stocking, cleaning, and prepping the area prior to the start of the social and at the conclusion of the social.
- Each station should be continually wiped down and cleaned up.
- Rotate food and beverages by using the First in First Out method.
- Making sure food portions are accurate.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper food handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Clean outlet before and after shift.
- Be aware of guests’ needs; assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Make sure all food items are stored properly according to health department regulations.
- Make sure all working areas and equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Interact with the guests.
- Assist with the ordering and stocking of food items.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull. or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.