Senior Manager of Web Communications Product Development
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels and is one of three hospitality business units of Wyndham Worldwide. We’re a hospitality powerhouse, with 16 iconic brands united by the most generous and simplest rewards program in the business, Wyndham Rewards.
We are driving the democratization of travel by transforming to deliver better value for the everyday traveler. We believe travelers deserve great experiences and real value, and our portfolio – including our strength in economy and midscale hotels – delivers that.
Our global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties under the following brands: Dolce Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Grand®, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Garden® Hotels, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®, Ramada®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn®. Our guest loyalty program, Wyndham Rewards, offers more than 48 million members the opportunity to earn and redeem points at thousands of hotels, condos and homes across the world.
The Senior Manager, Web Communications Product Development will advance the digital experience for Wyndham Worldwide and Hotel Group communications and commerce sites/application(s). S/he will work closely with internal partners such as the technology team, as well as digital marketing agencies and hosting vendors to drive high engagement with several audiences: our Wyndham Worldwide associates through owning the product strategy for the Wyndham Nation associate website, for investors and general public (Wyndham Worldwide Corporate website), franchise hotel owners (MyPortal franchisee website), recruitment (Wyndham Careers website) and, finally, traveling customers through our hotel brand websites and WyndhamRewards.com.
This position manages the relationship with the internal business partners, including Information Technology/Engineering, Franchise Operations, internal/external Corporate Communications, and is responsible for translating business strategy to create new digital experiences. Working cross-functionally with a wide range of business partners, the position plays a critical role in developing innovative experiences/designs, products and recommendations, supporting channels and providing actionable analysis and insights.
S/he will be the ultimate point of contact and relationship owner for the external agencies/vendors who host and maintain the Wyndham Worldwide corporate websites; therefore vendor management skills are critical. Additional scope of responsibility includes managing and owning the user experience, user interface, technical development and release management processes.
This position reports into the Senior Director, Global Digital Products.
Own the translation of business strategy into new digital designs, features, and products while ensuring business requirements and functional specifications meet business needs
Manage requests from business users and corporate stakeholders and perform content updates to corporate sites
Manage all aspects of responsible websites including scope, release management, finances, deliverables and expectations through active communication with external agencies and vendors, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget
Work with other teams within and beyond Digital Product Strategy as needed (e.g., broader digital portfolio strategy, and User Acceptance Testing, User Experience support for brand websites, tagging, etc.)
Understand and guide development of adaptive and responsive design principles and mobile applications
Monitor best practices within and beyond the travel industry as deemed relevant, as well as relevant and emerging technologies, programs, tools and applications
• Strong experience managing digital marketing agencies / software vendors, including creative agencies and hosting vendors
• Possess strong interpersonal and project management skills to work cross-functionally with departments and functions throughout company.
• Knowledge and experience with CMS such as Adobe Experience Manager/TeamSite/Drupal and User Experience /User Interface design
• Command strong understanding and appreciation of both technical and business partners needs and responsibilities
• Build effective and lasting relationships with stakeholders to ensure initiatives are properly vetted and supported
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation delivery
• Keep projects on track and deliver within planned budget and timelines
• Strong ability in prototyping web solutions and features
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, able to multi-task and prioritize high return opportunities
• Ability to work in a matrix environment
• Strong customer perspective
• Understanding of digital analytics (key metrics and knowledge of tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.)
• BA Required
• 6+ years of digital experience with 4+ years in online customer experience or online product management required
• Agency experience preferred
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.