Sr. Release Manager
The Sr. Release Manager works with Project Managers, Delivery Managers, Quality Managers and Technical Support Managers to construct and to manage an overall release management schedule for the releases. The Sr. Release Manager will identify the components of the release, work to package them into a unified code base for testing, training and deployment, ensuring the integrity of WDN’s production environment throughout the entire release cycle. The Sr. Release Manager also supports other Release Management activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Constructs and manages an overall release management schedule with milestones showing key dependencies between components of the release, key phase transitions for various components, how projects are integrated together, shared testing phases, etc. The Sr. Release Manager proactively monitors and controls all release aspects and provides corrective actions to appropriate stakeholders as needed. The Sr. Release Manager works with the project managers, delivery managers, quality managers and technical support managers to ensure that risks and issues are assessed and managed on an ongoing basis.
- Schedules interim “pause and evaluate and lessons learned” meetings during the release. The Sr. Release Manager ensures that insights and actions from this meeting are recorded and addressed.
- Supports additional Release Management activities, such as develop or revise processes, develop options and recommendations, identify risks and develop mitigation strategies, drive cross-team collaboration and agreement, provide guidance and direction to teams, etc.
- Conducts an end-of-release close-out activity including a full “lessons learned” brainstorm and development of recommendations for future releases. The Sr. Release Manager ensures that any company release process documentation is updated for these recommendations.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management Certification
Knowledge and skills
- Strong general business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and planning skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile methodologies
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders as appropriate through emails, project management deliverables, and presentations
- Works effectively with matrix teams to set, manage, and accomplish desired release objectives - this requires the ability to positively influence clients, team members, management, and external groups
- Basic Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Professional Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of various technologies such as applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity
- In depth knowledge of systems development life cycles and its application to project management efforts
- A thorough understanding of the RCI business/client technology environment and systems, or sufficient external experience
- Minimum 5-7 years experience planning, organizing, and executing projects of varying complexity including 3 years managing programs/portfolios
- Experience managing portfolio with a minimum of $1 Million in labor in a matrix organization
- Experience managing teams in a matrix organization with a minimum portfolio of 5 projects
- Experience managing programs/releases supporting different software development methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience in resource management including setting, measuring, and providing feedback on performance objectives
- Minimum 2 years experience developing and implementing career pathways for team members
- Minimum 2 years experience mentoring on tools and techniques of Project Management and 2+ years experience coaching direct reports
- 3+ years of experience on system analysis and design or infrastructure design / deployment / support
- 2+ years of experience managing projects that have team members that are not co-located
- The Sr. Release Manager requires travel of less than 10%
Experience equivalent to the education requirement may be accepted in lieu of the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.