SRN Certified Hotel Nurse - Ramada Hotel & Suites Amwaj Islands Manama Bahrain
Cluster Director of Human Resources
August 1, 2017
To support the Cluster Director of Human Resources/Human Resources Manager in all areas of the Associate Health & Welfare issues and advise the General Manager, Human Resources Manager & Department Heads on any potential health, safety & welfare issues that could affect associate and/or hotel operations. The job incumbent works in line with the hotels guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham corporate guidelines and service concepts.
- To ensure all medical administration is up to date and organized by implementing and making use of office systems and standard procedures.
- To provide and open caring sounding board to all staff with regard to personal problems.
- To run day to day operations of the Hotel Clinic.
- To administer Health care to all Hotel associates.
- To visit staff residence and attend to any sick staff who cannot make it to the Hotel Clinic.
- Visit Hotel Guests requesting medical assistance and advice Hotel management on what action is to be taken.
- To check the accuracy of sick leave authorization forms and approve for payroll and audit purposes.
- Purchase all medical Supplies for the Hotel and maintain records on expenditures for audit purposes.
- Implement and maintain Medical files for all Hotel associates.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in ensuring all Health, Hygiene & Safety procedures are adhered to and that employees are constantly informed and updated in the same.
- Investigate and follow up on all accidents reported within the Hotel and staff housing, ensure all documentation is completed and communicated to the correct department. Advise Hotel on actions to be taken to prevent further accidents.
- Provide counseling to any employee as required or on request from Human Resources Manager or Department Heads.
- Provide report on clinic activities and accident status.
- Conduct First Aid and Health & Hygiene Training with Hotel Staff.
- Support and advise relevant departments in areas of Fire Training and Health & Safety standards being monitored in the Hotel.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in periodic Housing Inspections to review any potential Health & Safety hazards.
- Upkeep the Hotel First Aid Boxes.
- Coordinate with Personnel Clerk that all new associates are taken for Medical check-up in order to complete visa formalities.
- Participate in the orientation of new associates by giving information on the Medical procedures within the Hotel.
- Assist & Support the Human Resources department in Staff sports & social events.
- Attend Hotel/Departmental meetings when required.
- To perform all tasks to a consistent standard and they fall within the Brand and Hotel key standard requirements.
- To demonstrate pride in the work place and personal appearance at all time when representing the Hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules & regulations at all times.
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Communicates effectively with guests, associates, and supervisors.
- Displays a positive attitude towards guests and colleagues at all times.
- Handles difficult situations effectively.
- Attends meetings and training required by management.
- Is fully aware of Wyndham service concepts.
- Is fully aware of all current promotions.
- Communicates effectively with customers, associates, and supervisors.
- Accepts flexible planned work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests.
- Maintains own working areas, and materials clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to the Manager
- Continuously seeks to endeavour professionalism in own job function.
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals, stations, tourist sights)
- Hotel and corporate marketing and promotional programs
- Corporate clients and clients generating high business volume.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Being efficient and thorough
• Being patient and compassionate
• Being assertive and respectful
• Being good a listener and communicating effectively
• Being able to work in diverse environments
• Being self-motivated
• Having physical, mental and emotional prowess
• Problem solving
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience to our customers, guests, partners and communities as well as to each other.
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the MANAGER TITLE/DOTTED LINE TITLE ____________________________________________________________________________
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.