Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,000 hotels, 219 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Rewards that include a career path with diverse opportunities, learning and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality with almost $4 billion in revenues. Wyndham continues to expand and grow through industry leading efforts like Women on Their Way and Wyndham Green. While you may know our brands RCI, WorldMark by Wyndham, Ramada, Days Inn and Travelodge; there are many more aspects and companies to this leader in hospitality.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, DiversityInc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Responsible for leading, guiding and developing a team of approximately 15 Travel Counselors in specific owner servicing disciplines (e.g.: Domestic and International Travel, Reservations, TravelShare, VPC Advisor, Sales incentives, Problem resolution, etc) in the achievement of team productivity and service objectives.
Employee Development– 25%:
- Track and analyze individual Counselor performance data
- Create developmental plans for each Counselor that contain positive, creative and effective ideas on ways to improve performance
- Ensure Counselors understand and apply information presented during internal training sessions, vendor presentations and vendor training programs.
- Conduct training sessions with team members
- Serve as a mentor to team members
- Monitor Counselors as appropriate and provide frequent feedback
Performance Management– 25%:
- Understand, utilize and enforce department and company policy, procedures and standards
- Measure and improve productivity, conduct, and quality
- Prepare and conduct monthly and annual reviews
- Document performance conversations and take appropriate corrective action
Team Management– 20%:
- Effectively communicate at the team and individual level
- Conduct meetings on a regular basis
- Maintain an environment where excellence is rewarded and personal development encouraged
- Maintain high employee satisfaction levels
- Reward and recognize individual and team performance
Program and Product Administration – 15%:
- Ensure agents properly use and communicate details of the WorldMark and TravelShare products and services
- Resolve escalated issues
- Take escalated calls from owners and handle until resolved
Administrative Duties – 5%:
- Provide assistance to other departments as required
- Assist in the selection of Counselors by conducting interviews
- Provide frontline technical assistance (passwords, computer/phone problems) to Counselors
- Conduct tours of members who visit the contact center
Personal Learning and Self-Improvement – 10%:
- Assume full responsibility for leaning of new skills, systems, techniques, programs, etc.
- Create and execute a development plan in conjunction with immediate Manager- Participate fully in coaching sessions with Manager
- High School Diploma; 4 year college degree preferred
- 2 years supervisory/management experience; preferably with a team of 15 employees or greater
- 2 years travel industry experience
- 3-5 years leadership experience in a contact center environment preferred
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to negotiate solutions
- Strong analytical skills including ability to review employee data and behavior to target coaching opportunities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to write professional letters using proper grammar and correct spelling, and confidence speaking in front of large groups
- Ability to communicate with owners and internal customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions to solve owner problems
- Maintain a positive, helpful demeanor under stressful circumstances
- Ability to listen while focusing on solutions
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Apollo
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
• Medical/dental and vision care plans
• A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
• Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham
People Make the Difference
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.